When you are sitting at your desk, it can be easy to get distracted. With coworkers, the web, and a bunch of other distractions, it can be difficult to complete the various tasks at hand. Not to mention, you may also be dealing with sugar crashes and that afternoon fatigue that we’re all so familiar with. So, the question then becomes: how can we maximize our time in the office? If your job is on the line, maximizing the time you spend in the office is critical, so you have to find ways to remain less distracted, but - most importantly – you have to find ways to keep your productivity up. Here are five ways to maximize your time spent in the office.
- Get plenty of sleep at night. When it comes down to it, you want to make sure that you get at least eight hours of sleep at night. Sometimes maximizing your time in the office is all about making sure that you don’t feel fatigued or overly exhausted. If you are having trouble falling asleep at night, you may want to find a way to fall asleep and to get a deeper, more restorative sleep.
- Separate work life and personal life. If you want to really maximize your time in the office, you want to make sure that you don’t bring your work home. You can really burn yourself out if you blur this very important line – the line between work and regular life. At the end of the day, you want to make sure that you fill your work life with the tasks that need to get done. At home, you can rest and recuperate – maybe even decompress.
- Focus on one task, finish it and move on. The more you try to juggle at work, the more you will falter. So, if you have a certain task, you should focus on the task until it is done. Only afterwards can you move on to other projects. Moreover, if you are in the middle of one project and you get a phone call, you should let that person leave a message. If it is an important phone call, you may want to answer the phone and tell that person that you’ll be calling them later.
- Use newer modes of communication. There is a strong change that you already use gmail, but if you have older equipment, like a fax machine, you may want to digitize your faxing process, so that you don’t have to deal with all that paper and ink. which fax service is best for faxing online? The answer really depends on your personal needs and how many faxes you need to send out on a daily basis.
- Learn how to take a break. Taking a break and relaxing is a vital part of the working process and you want to take at least two or three fifteen minute breaks during the day – to stretch, eat a snack or just to clear your mind. You also want to take a lunch break. At the end of the day, the less stressed you are, the more productive you will be.