The main purpose of the ombudsman is to take note of the complaints of a consumer, who is cheated by the financial businesses that deals with PPI Policy. The ombudsman will ensure that the consumer does not suffer any financial loss due to the purchase of the c. Also, they make sure that all the financial business companies work as per the guidelines given by the Financial Services Authority.
When the ombudsman receives complaint from a consumer then they try to look at the problem by considering the circumstances, so that it becomes easy for them to redress the grievance of the consumer. This will enable them to calculate exact financial compensation that is needed in order to resolve the problem. Usually, every case is unique in nature and hence in order to solve each individual case the ombudsman has to adopt a different approach. At the end of the day the consumer has to remain fully satisfied with the decision of the ombudsman.
However, the ombudsman has got a certain written procedure for approaching the problems faced by any consumer while they buy a PPI policy. These procedures are usually based on the types of complaints they have already handled so far. In case, they receive different kinds of complaints then they will update their approach based on the solution they have arrived to resolve the new complaint.
What are the main tasks of ombudsman?
- Usually, ombudsman does not charge the service fees from the consumers, who come to them with any type of complaint. People who cannot afford to go to the court in order to redress their grievances can easily approach ombudsman in order to resolve their problem.
- The ombudsman is fully committed and responsible to solve the problem of every individual, who approach them. At the same time, they also try to identify if there is any problem in the system. In case, they find any system failure then they try to correct the problem, so that next time the consumers will not face such problems.
- While redressing any complain ombudsman usually make a detailed investigation of any one sample of complaint after categorizing it under one single type of problem. Since they do not want to do a detailed investigation of each and every individual case.
- Ombudsman usually plays their role as a neutral arbiter and they do not act as a supporter of any consumers.
- When they receive the complaint from the consumer then initially they will try to encourage the consumer to resolve their problem with the financial company all by themselves.
- They will make an effort to resolve any issue without making any detailed investigation. When they really observe that certain injustice has been done with the consumer then they intervene and try to set right the problem.
- Ombudsman usually recommends their suggestion to financial companies. However, their decision can also be challenged in the court, if the financial companies feel it necessary.
This article has been written by Simon Hopes, who is one of the top claim management solicitors in the UK. All your questions on what are PPI claims are clearly answered on their official website.